Friday, December 31, 2010

Best books of 2010 according to me!

Here is my list of top 15 reads of 2010. Overall, I read 181 books this year.
A "*" indicates that the book is part of a series.
There are two Jacqueline Carey books in this list but they are two very different books in two very different universes. If you've never read anything by her before, do! Her world building is amazing, however some of her content can be very adult, not to put too fine a point on it.
Christopher Moore is my new author for this year. He is a funny, funny man and I spent all year reading everything I could of his but I only listed my favorite book of his in this list but they are all really good, very irreverent and funny.
Also if you haven't read Harry Potter, I'll give it an honorable mention! Read it! Seriously. I reread the entire series twice this year and started a 3rd reread while in the hospital in Seattle. I'm continuing this reread by making Prisoner of Azkaban my 1st book of the new year! Read it!
Now with all that out of the way... here they are, top books of 2010 according to me, listed in no particular order!
* 1. Lamb; The Gospel According to Biff-- Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
2. A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay
3. American Gods: A Novel by Neil Gaiman
* 4. Liquor by Poppy Z. Brite
5. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
6. Push by Sapphire
7. Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult
* 8. Naama's Curse by Jacqueline Carey
* 9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
* 10. Rashi's Daughters Book I: Joheved by Maggie Anton
* 11. Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
12. A Woman Among Warlords by Malalai Joya
13. Deaf Like Me by James P. Spradley and Thomas S. Spradley
14. Rebirth of the Goddess; Finding Meaning in Feminist Spirituality by Carol P. Christ
15. Room by Emma Donoghue

1 comment: